Wednesday 25 April 2012

china's next top model


Monday morning I woke up and decided instead of the confusing bus I would try and walk to the company, I eventually found it after about half an hour. I was just finishing my designs throughout the day, creating different pattern swatches etc. At the end of the day Lindsay came to check my designs and saw a dress that I had drawn was very similar to a dress that they had bought. She has told me to develop some sets from the dress I have designed because on Thursday we will decide on which fabrics to use, to make a pattern for it, and hopefully create a sample.

Tuesday I had a lesson about fashion brands but instead of the lesson the students had to create an outfit inspired by a brand of their choice. They chose someone out of the group to get their photo taken by a photographer in a studio; me and Laura teach the same lesson so we both went together to help. While I was there I only saw brands like Givenchy, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, or Burberry used. I think when a lot of them looked at Givenchy they only had recollection of when Audrey Hepburn wore a Givenchy dress in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and not the modern style – there were lots of tiaras, buns and long black dresses! A lot of them had not thought about the poses they wanted to use so we had to improvise, and also show some pictures from magazines. Some of the girls looked slightly terrified when they were getting their photos taken bless them… half way through we were led to the make-up and hair room and were told to advise with hairstyles etc to match the clothes. One girl said she was ‘Vivienne Westwood’ style so I got her hair put in a high pony and backcombed… And so on and so on…







We are getting a little fed up with the food over here because there are only a few things we have found we like.. beef and peppers are yummy with egg fried rice but we had that last night, and I have had far too many burgers to count, plus for breakfast I have found a custard bread which is loverrrly but I cant just live on three dishes! So we decided to get some pizzas as our happy helper (Jeremy) was popping round so he nipped to pizza hut for us… our savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment